Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Latanya makes dinner















After days of peanut butter sandwiches and rice I finally decided to switch things up. Today I saw an advertisement for Dominioes pizza at school with my mouth watering I thought we should get pizza tonight. Before I do anything in Korea I research because with the language barrier I wanna make sure I'm getting what I order. While looking for the Korean website I came across a blog from a foreigner about Korean Dominoes Pizza his comment read: I always thought pizza is pizza. Pizza from Korea can’t be that much different from pizza in the USA, right? Boy, was I wrong. So, I finally find the website and from looking at the pizza's they looked a little too festive for my taste. We usually eat a simple peperoni, mushroom, and green pepper pizza. Myuang saw the look on my face and suggested I try Pizza Hut so we researched the Pizza Hut website. I found pizza's similar to home and felt a lot better. I told Myuang what kind a pizza I wanted and she wrote it in Korean (she is my favorite person).
After school I met Daniel and we walked to Pizza Hut and it's a full service restaurant we say we would the pizza to go. The server takes us to the back of the restaurant to order and I pulled out my order in Korean and we were good to go. After 12 minutes of waiting, the pizza maker who barely speaks English says to us "Problem" (that's not something you want to hear from someone making your food). He led me to the expo window and showed me the pizza. The pizza had a big air bubble but it looked completely edible so I offered to take the pizza. He says, No done in five minutes. Daniel and I waited and talked about our days. While waiting the server offered us a sprite and a coke...the coke in Korea is so refreshing and crisp way better than at home. Our pizza is finally ready and the server wraps the pizza box with a red bow and send us on our way.
Daniel and I practically run home to taste the pizza. As soon as we get home we change into our pizza eating gear, open the box, and stare at the pizza with pure amazement. We take our first bites and there is complete silence. The pizza was absolutely delicious it tastes similar to the pizza at home minus the salt, grease, and the slices are smaller. After all the anticipation we had two slices and were stuffed. Glad to a have a reminder of home for a couple of minutes it made our day.

1 comment:

courtney. said...

haha im so glad that you're fine tuning your skills in the kitchen