Monday, March 23, 2009

Dos Tacos


This weekend Dan and Tan went on another adventure. We ended up in Hongdae which is an area in west Seoul that is known for its college atmosphere, clubs, bars, restaurants, shopping, and foreigners. (Think Melrose ave. in L.A. meets Haight and Ashbury in San Fran…I seriously forgot I was in Korea). There were some many things I wanted to buy but I was responsible and decided to save my money on something more worthwhile like food. Walking down the street, in between a Subway restaurant and amongst all the Korean signs was DOS TACOS (translation two tacos). We both stopped in our tracks and practically ran into the restaurant, Mexican food in Korea this must have been our lucky day. We looked at the menu and were quickly reminded we were still in Korea by the food was written in Korean with small subtitles in English. Dan ordered a meat and rice burrito with a negra modelo and I ordered 2 beef tacos with a lime margarita. Our food came out and we sat there for a minute cause we weren’t sure what to expect, the food looked like any other taco or burrito so we dug in. Delicious! It tasted like a taco but it was missing the spiciness a few jalapeños would have given it a kick still it was really good. Dan enjoyed his burrito and the hot sauce; he agreed with me that it was lacking an ingredient. After our lunch, we walked around Hongdae for a while but not to long because I wasn’t feeling good. Hongdae is a place we will definitely visit again and I'm sure there will be more stories to share.

Tan

1 comment:

courtney. said...

love the translation sister haha dos tacos = two tacos lOl love ya hot pocket. maybe mom will put some jalapenos in your care package :]