Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good Bye Myung

Myung told me she was leaving on a Monday due to personal reasons and by the next Monday she was replaced. I was really sad to see her go but I was happy that she got a much deserved break. On her last day she asked if we could still be friends and of course I said yes but it was cute that she asked me that. Last week Myung took me to dinner we had Korean Pizza (it's like a egg pancake with a lot of vegetables and meat). My new co teacher's name is Hyelim she barely speaks English so I have taken over teaching the 3rd and 5th graders. She is very helpful when it comes to translating when the students don't understand me, the activities, and or the games. Teaching has become like a game of charades with hand movements and constantly repeating phrases to make sure the students understand. It has been a real test of my patience but the kids are so cute and funny it's hard not to be. On top of that I am teaching an adult English class, an advanced Math and Science class in English so it has been a quite busy around here. I want to apologize to all my teachers in the past for talking and acting up during class (sorry dad). Teaching is a really hard job how do you get a class size of 35 3rd and 5th graders interested in learning English when half of the class is advanced and the other half can barely say the alphabet? Overall, the kids are very well behaved but I do have a few that act up and I make them sing a song in front of the class and it's funny how their behavior quickly changes. These two weeks have been a real challenge but it has been fun getting to know the kids and teaching. Our five year plan of having kids just got pushed back one more year..lol.

P.S. I am learning a little bit of Korean to get the students att. ention everytime I say something in Korean the are so shocked that they stop talking

No comments: