Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just Another Thursday Night


Last night after work I went out with my co-teachers for some dinner. We went to Pizza Hut and talked about our English program. We also got the chance just to talk. It was really nice. After dinner I met Latanya at home. We decided we wanted to do something a little different. So we decided to go to a local karaoke lounge. Latanya remembered where one was near by, so we headed out. We got there, rented a room and bought a pitcher of beer. It was all for about 15 bucks. We went to our room and went straight for the song list book. Of course our first selection was Don't Stop Believing by Journey. After our amazing duo Latanya got up and sang some N'Sync. I thought it was 1998 and I was at a live concert...not really, but she did a great job. We were drinking beer and eating the little snacks they provided. It was just the two of us and we had a blast. I really started to get into my own when I was signing Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses. The machine judges you after each song and gives you a numerical score. We were in the mid 80's for most of the evening. Towards the end of our recording session the scores started to increase. All of a sudden we were getting in the rhythm and averaging in the mid 90's. I sang some Eagles and made a 98. I was just wondering if any music talent scouts were in the building because I was hitting my notes. What sealed our record contract was when we brought it home with Cry Me A River by JT. Our duo scored a perfect 100...Whoa!!! Finally after a couple of hours singing our hearts out we headed home and called it a night. American Idol you better watch out, because when we get back to the States we are making our run at the title.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pa says he will be your manager. We'll be standing up and cheering for you just like Paula! SCORE!